Monday, June 22, 2009

What In The Health Is Going On?

Here is another nice blog piece from The Memphis Tea Party Blog. Click on the title to read it and then scroll down to my blog list, click on the Memphis Tea Party link and enjoy other insightful pieces. I love the analogy to Alice In Wonderland because I have felt like Alice many times since the Obama administration took office--trying to perceive a fantasy world through the lens of human experience. I have often felt, as Alice did, that I can't find my feet. Indeed it is tough to stay grounded nowadays! If it weren't for my faith in God I think I would have floated away and disintegrated a long time ago!

The good news is that there are still ways to stay grounded. Faith in God, faith in our country, faith in each other and faith in our beliefs will help us stand firm against the rising storm. If you are not sure of your beliefs I invite you to do some soul searching. The beliefs and values that helped make this country great are timeless and still apply. But don't just take my word for it. Take the time to educate yourself. Start with the websites on my blog list that deal with history and health care. There are great books listed on these websites such as those in The American Vision that are reasonably priced. Get some and read them. Grab a Bible and read that too as it is the foundation of our Constitution and American values. Now is the time to start learning as there may come a time when opportunities to learn and think for yourself will be very limited. Only with education and enlightenment can we keep our freedom!

No comments: