Sunday, June 28, 2009

How Do We Fix This Broken Dysfunctional Government?

Click on the title to read a powerful blog piece written by Doctor Zero from Hot Air. It reflects my anger at the House vote on Cap and Trade as well as other issues. I expected the Cap and Trade Bill to pass in the House. What I did NOT expect was 8 Republicans to vote for it and that their votes would get the bill passed (44 democrats voted no). Amazing. I feel like I live in Bizarro land. I mean, with friends like this who needs enemies?? I wonder how those Republicans feel today, knowing that they made this happen and that their names will live in infamy? I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall to hear the sweet deal/threat Nancy Pelosi promised them if they voted yes. I wonder what Michael Steele is thinking today, that the Republican Party allowed such a vote to happen? We still have a chance with the Senate so contact your senators immediately and insist they don't allow this bill to go forward. Time is of the essence!

Even more powerful and scary are the comments attached to this blog piece. Read each and every one of them. The distant thunder grows louder each day. Revolution?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is mind blowing, beyond comprehension. I think you're right, Pelosi must have promised or threatened something to these GOP's to get the vote to swing. Don't they realize the very noose they are putting around the necks of their children, their grandchildren, not to mention the rest of the world! This financial burden has severe repercussions worldwide!