Sunday, November 22, 2009

Are You Suffering From E.D?

No I am not talking about Erectile Dysfunction, although the symptoms are nearly the same!

Click on the title to read a fascinating article about Eschatology (End Times) Dysfunction, a common ailment affecting Christians. It is a condition that causes Christians to feel the world is too much to bear and they should just escape somewhere and wait for the Lord's return. I must confess I have suffered from it often, most recently after the House voted in Health Care. I wanted to throw up my hands in disgust and then hide under a rock until Christ's second coming. I felt tired, discouraged, hopeless and helpless--all the symptoms in this article. The author recommends reading Psalm 110 and Matthew 28:18-20 as these passages are a great "shot in the arm" for those suffering from ED. Reading these verses made me realize that although Christians know the end of the story, we are not there yet. Even when the world is against us we are called to stay in the fight and take a stand for truth. We are on the winning team, however and we can fight the good fight here on earth. We don't have to wait until we are in heaven! We can live a victorious life right here, right now. In fact we are not being called to live a defeated life at all, waiting in seclusion somewhere. When the Lord comes back he wants to find us in the fields reaping his harvest. And that is where I want him to find me!

No comments: