Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Prisoners convert to Islam for jail perks - Times Online#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=2015164#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=2015164

Prisoners convert to Islam for jail perks - Times Online#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=2015164#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=2015164 I have friends who are involved in Memphis area prison ministries and they tell me that they have a very difficult time because the Muslims don't want them there. Reading this article, I can see why Islam is so popular in prisons. As a matter of fact, Islam is the number one religion of conversion among prison populations! If I were a prisoner I could see myself converting--or at least say I converted--to get those perks! No wonder Christianity takes in the shorts--we offer eternal life and Islam offers 72 virgins and a chance to put violent nasty tendencies to good use all in the name of holy jihad. Whatta deal!!!

The good news is that as hard as it is my friends have an active ministry with many prisoners finding the Lord. They take it day by day and just keep talking about Jesus. I keep them in my heart and prayers always, knowing they tread where I would never dare and that one day God will reward. The question for all of us is whether we want our perks now or eternally with our Lord. For me, Jesus wins hands down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHY ISLAM?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Clk5lNUdQ

Anonymous said...

WHY ISLAM?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Clk5lNUdQ

Freedom's Voice said...

arah thanks for the youtube video and visiting my blog. I enjoy hearing the reasons why people choose a particular faith. I have to say however, I tend to be a little suspicious of guys in videos that talk so fast. When someone talks fast in American culture it often indicates they have something to hide, they wish to trick people, or something worse. The guy in the video needs to slow his speech down so people can understand what he is saying. He tends to run his story and facts together so much that it is hard to follow him. The slower the speech, the better the command of English, the better the understanding of Western culture, the better chance Muslims will have of explaining the meaning of Islam to the western world. Also, in American culture actions speak louder than words. Islamists need to stop killing people and blowing up things if they ever really want Westerners, particularly Americans to believe Islam is a peaceful loving religion. So far the only message we have received is that Islam is peaceful and loving but only for believers.