Saturday, December 18, 2010

DREAM Act cloture fails, 55-41 « Hot Air

12 lead electrocardiogram of a ventricular tac...Image via Wikipedia
DREAM Act cloture fails, 55-41 « Hot Air Thank God we got this one. I now no longer have a knot in my chest that made me feel like I was having a heart attack.  If an ECG had been done on me earlier this morning before the vote it probably would have looked like this picture! Let's hope for a better legislative year in 2011. I don't think my poor heart can take another one like 2010. 

As for DADT, I am no fan of the repeal but it is a done deal now.  It is time to sort out once and  for all if gays will be able to serve openly and successfully in the military.  Many of our finest troops  are gay and they deserve a chance.  But if this fails the damage to the military will be immeasurable.  I hope our leaders realize this and are prepared to shoulder the consequences.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: